Zip-It Week 1 Monday
Week 1 (Monday) Welcome to our online Connect Group! We are looking forward to getting to know all of you better as we discuss the power of our words. Take a minute to watch the video for week 1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep_ZGfyxMFc
As we look at words and how we use them, it is important to first look at our thoughts. Our thoughts determine what we say to or about someone, or about a situation. The things we think about and ruminate on will often make their way from our mind to our heart. They affect how we feel about a person or a situation, and eventually come out in our words. Learning to how to “take our thoughts captive” and think about the things that are pleasing to God can help us as we try to control the words we use. Share your thoughts on any of today's questions in the comment section below.
1. Read 2 Corinthians 10:5. How can the things you think about or dwell upon affect what you say?
2. Do you think what you watch, listen to, or read, or even the friends you spend time with affect this? How?
3. What does it mean to “take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ”? How do we go about doing this?
4. The things we think about and ruminate on will often make their way from our mind to our heart, and affect how we feel about a person or a situation. If we are not careful, eventually those thoughts come out in our words. How can we guard our thoughts?
5. Read Matthew 12:34(b) How does this verse relate to question #4?