Day 5 Book Group Discussion Questions
In Chapter 3, Jeff describes having his life changed by 11 words from John 9:3, “But that the works of God might be displayed in him.” He encounters God’s will in a fresh way. I often teach our parents that God has an ordaining will where he calls into being, such as in the creation of the earth, and He has a permitting will, where He allows things to continue without intervention in this broken world.
- Which one did Jeff encounter when his heart was revived by these 11 words?
- How have you seen God’s glory on display in your own child?
- On page 24, Jeff also quotes Romans 8:28, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." I often joke that this is biblical evidence that God is the Master-recycler of every bad thing we encounter. How have you seen some of your hurts, your child’s hurts recycled for your good or His glory?
- Did Jeff’s story, the 11 words from John 9:3, change your perspective or have they previously changed your perspective in the past?
- How do we continue to keep that heavenly perspective when we continue to hit bumps in the road?