Zip-It Week 2 Wednesday
Wednesday, April 8
Take a few minutes to read the following verses:
Proverbs 11:13, Proverbs 16:28, Proverbs 17:4, Proverbs 25:9-10, Proverbs 25:23
- How would you define gossiping? Is there a difference between “talking about someone” and “gossiping”? How do you know where the line is between the two?
- If you are honest with yourself, would you say that you like to participate in gossip?
- Are you able to be trustworthy when someone tells you something in confidence?
- What are some of the dangers that come from gossiping? What do the focus verses warn us about gossiping?
- Have you ever had a time when someone you considered to be a friend gossiped about you or did not keep your confidence? Did that change your relationship with that person? How did it make you feel? How did it change your relationship? What did you learn from that experience?
- Do you have someone in your life that you know you can share something in confidence with at that they will NOT share that information? How has that person helped you as you walk this path of being the parent of a child with special needs.
7. What are your thoughts about the use of Facebook or other social media as it relates to gossiping?
Be honest with yourself and answer yes or no to the following statements.
- I like to hear things about people that do not portray them in the best light.
- I like to read things on the internet or in magazines or watch things on t.v. that would be considered gossip.
- I put things in the form of a prayer request that really should be kept in confidence.
- I can truly be trusted with something that someone tells me in confidence.